Monday, January 3, 2011

Project 365

I made a decision on January 1st to start a photo diary for 2011, my Project 365.  The plan is to post a picture every day to record my life over the course of this year.  It might prove interesting... if it works out that way, it could be a perfect subject for a Toastmasters speech.  There's something to be said for looking ahead!   


Having reached the third day of my project I have a bit of a quandary. I really enjoy the spontaneity my iPhone has given me, to be able to take a picture and post it right there and then is brilliant.  It's one of the main reasons I wanted to do this. 
My dilemma is this. Do I choose spontaneity over quality?.  When I've been out walking with Jim and he is taking the same photos with his wonderful Nikon D60 the results are incredible.  His photos so far this year are awesome.  But for this project, do I continue to use my iPhone and keep the same spur of the moment posting I originally planned?  Or do I take fantastic quality pictures with a decent camera and take the spontaneity out of it?  


Is it a photo diary recording my thoughts at that moment... like this one?
Sanderlings on the shoreline. Back to work tomorrow, but what a way to end our wonderfully relaxing Christmas break with another peaceful walk along the beach at Boundary Bay. We see so many birds here... bald eagles, brent geese, widgeons, pintail ducks.
01/03/11
Or do I try and compete with Jim and have as a result a great collection of amazing photos like this one? 
Jim took this great shot on the first day of the year.  What an amazing sight!



1 comment:

  1. If you'd like my opinion, I'd go for the spontaneity. Although your husband has fantastic photos, your blog is about Your daily life. We don't wear our Sunday best every day of the week.

    ReplyDelete